Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Opinion on God Being Male

1. Personally, I don't get upset when people refer to God as "he" because everyone is allowed to identify God in the form they are most comfortable with. Subsequently, God is different for everyone and we are all made in God's image and likeness, therefore God can embody any shape or form. If someone refers to God as "he," that is how they interpret God and they are most comfortable with that identification because it's only God and that person in that relationship. No one has the right to tell someone how to view someone or something. However, I can also understand that by referring to God as "he" can be demeaning and paint a picture that women are inferior to men.

2. Personally, I prescribe to egalitarianism because it is important that in the future for me that my only point of living is not just to bear a child and take care of he or she, rather work hard to achieve a goal or greatness. Additionally, I think it is important that I will not be marginalized from a job or activity because I am a girl. If men and women are created in the image and likeness of God, then both sexes are equal because God is us, and we are God. We never say, men are two-thirds of God and women are one-third, therefore, there should be no distinction between each gender's ability and desires in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment